Tuesday, July 1, 2014

oatmeal banana pecan berry pancakes

I loveee oatmeal and today I decided to see if I could successfully make pancakes using oats instead of flour. I also had a super ripe banana I wanted to use so pancakes it was! These turned out wonderful and most importantly they were actually a healthy version of pancakes, cuz lets be real...pancakes are a great comfort food but they're not exactly "healthy" especially if you just use white flour.



ingredients:

dry
2 cups whole oats
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp cinnamon
1/4 cup pecans (or walnuts)

wet
1 1/4 cup almond milk
1 ripe banana mushed
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup berries (optional of course and fresh or frozen works)

how to:
  1. combine all the dry ingredients in your food processor/blender or the like for few seconds. you want it to be more coarse than super fine. place mixture into big bowl
  2. in a smaller bowl combine all your wet ingredients
  3. slowly add the wet ingredients to your dry "flour" mixture and stir until just combined
  4. make sure your pan is heated well before adding batter, I also use coconut oil spray on my pan.
  5. for thinner pancakes use more almond milk, especially towards the end when your batter has been sitting it gets thicker.
  6. top with whatever you like! - more cinnamon, pecans, fresh fruit, maple syrup, coconut flakes etc

No comments:

Post a Comment