Saturday, August 24, 2013

first day back

it is the morning after getting back last night from our long drive. i was far more elated to be in minneapolis than i expected. how was colorado? devine. it was a great couple days filled with nature. but of course there is nothing like home. and by that i mean, my own bed, my own bathroom, my comfortable house that is set at the perfect temp i like it to be, and of course my kitchen filled with food i love.

i've missed it all. but i'd be lying if i didn't say frisco, colorado is one cool town i'll forever be daydreaming of revisiting. i'd love to live in a little town like that some day. you absolutely have to be a lover of the outdoors to live there and it would be nice to know everyone you meet there is probably just as big of a fan of the rugged mountains, beautiful views, clean air and endless hiking trails as you are.


i could definitely see myself hiking every morning, rock climbing with friends, playing in the lakes, and learning to ski at copper mountain. the people of frisco are blessed with these opportunities. i hope they never take that view of the mountains for granted.

these mountains really are quite remarkable. so big and grand and slowly ever changing. hiking the trails made me wonder how many people have hiked here before me many many years ago. seeing old mines and ruins made me wonder how the place looked like when these people from long ago lived and worked there.


 mountains may be grand and hard to break but it still made me sad for all the nature we have lost. the trees that have been cut, the animals driven out and nearing extinction, the resources exploited. mother nature gives us so much, we must give back and preserve.

+++

back to today. i am definitely feeling the end of summer sadness. after making the whole wheat pancakes i have been missing i have been verrrrry slowly unpacking my luggage from the trip and cleaning up the place. this weekend i am all alone for two days and i'm not sure that is a good thing after expecting to come home to family but either way it will give me some time to myself and to reorganize my life before school starts on tuesday.


hello new beginnings! today's mantra: be patient and welcoming to change.

i found some time to get my tan on outside and i was shocked how hot it was. i've clearly been accustomed to colorado weather. which no offense minnesota, is waaaay better. i'm not a fan of this humidity. but at least it gave me a chance to try and get tan for once this summer and of course drink my green smoothie!

ingredients:
  • handful spinach
  • handful kale
  • baby cucumber
  • one banana
  • handful blueberries
  • little bit of frozen raspberries
  • 2 tablespoons chia seeds
  • coconut milk

^^ yup, i'm finally getting around to reading 1984 

No comments:

Post a Comment